Sunday 3 January 2010

Sensational Sunday!

Great day today but it could have been so different!

Celtic 1 - 1 Rangers

Started with the old firm derby which as you know, I went for £50 on 'over 2.5 goals'. After 65 mins with no goals I decieded to put a further £50 on a draw as it was 2.08 and I could get my money back and break even for the match. Unfortunately Celtic scored, oh no! They say you are the most vulnerable after scoring a goal and it proved right again as Rangers pretty much equalised straight away! So I traded out of the over 2.5 goals market for a £15 loss but kept the Draw money on until it ticked over to a £30 profit - making a £15 green overall for the game. This was literally 2mins after staring down a £100 loss. Win.

Man Utd 0 - 1 Leeds (FA Cup)

This reminded me of the Reading v Liverpool game as the underdogs were 16.0 for the win. I toyed with the idea of putting a tenner on Leeds but while I procrastinated Jermaine Beckford slipped in for a goal - reducing the odds down to 4.5. So put £20 on Leeds with a view to trade out later on. In a scintillating game, I traded out at 2.18 for a nice £20 profit as my nerves were close to shreded. It was nice just to watch a great cup match and enjoy the Leeds win. Win.

2 comments:

  1. Nice betting there, the in-game trade market really can be an absolute saviour! Rangers equalising really was the biggest shock of the day - haven't seen such an unjust result in a long time! Many fans don't have the luxury of in-game betting, thanks to European politics http://cli.gs/Z7YeTV

    ReplyDelete
  2. Biggest shock of the day? I think some Man Utd fans might disagree with you on that one!
    I wasn't aware in-play wasn't available in Europe, I signed that petition you linked to.
    I know there was some issues in Poland recently, match rigging and the like, I believe they're going to ban all online gambling activities fullstop?

    ReplyDelete