Friday 22 January 2010

22nd Jan - a week in review



Ok lessons to be learnt here - £180 from the African Nations competition isn't bad but there was some dodgy decision making going on, from myself. A £50 accumulator on such a volatile market was a bit of a waste really.

Angola v Algeria was a disgrace - both teams played out what looked like a prearranged draw. Results like this undermine what the African Nations is trying build, a tournament which is respected around the world. I and a lot of other punters would have been burnt on that one so I don't want to beat myself up too much on that.

Newcastle v West Brom - kept lumping on the money hoping to catch the correct move but ended up wiping £130. A poor trade and too much money lumped on a result which was always going to be close. Next time, less money on these battles at the top.

Villa v Blackburn & Arsenal v Bolton - layed Blackburn, so when they went 2-0 up I thought 'great!'. Arsenal started the night @ 1.2 which is too skinny for anything meaningful. I did toy with laying them, had the money in the text box ready to go but changed my mind. When the Gooners went behind, the odds rose to 1.6 - ok time to buy in and I did for £200. They conceded another goal which took the odds to 3.3 so I put another £20 on. Arsenal were piling on the pressure and we've all seen them come back from just these scenarios. I traded out at 3-2 for a £145 profit. This is the same strategy that I used with Newcastle v West Brom but this time I caught it right.

Liverpool v Tottenham - £45 on Spurs to break their top 4 duck and they flattered to deceive again. If they can't push a Liverpool team that's at it's weakest in years then maybe they don't have what it takes for a top 4 finish this year.

India v Bangladesh - just a few quid on the overnight game, traded out when I got up in the morning and India were well on top. Toyed with the idea of lumping extra large on India but I wouldn't have been able to sleep all night - maybe if it was at the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment