Sunday 17 January 2010

Sat 16th Jan - England and Africa

Stoke 1 - 1 Liverpool

Backed Stoke for £35 as I thought they had a chance of turning them over, everyone can see that Liverpool are rocking recently. As it turns out a draw was the result, which if I had been more risk averse, I should have gone for. Anyway, Stoke had chances to win it - at least I didn't lose much.

Everton 2 - 0 Man City

Backed City for £50. This was Cities first test under Manchini as the other teams they'd pretty much expect to win. I was surprised by how easy Everton won, another loss for me. I also put another fiver on the draw in the 2nd half in case City fought back.

Nigeria 1 - 0 Benin (African Cup of Nations)

Back Nigera £200 @ 1.73 - and traded out for a £93 profit. I could have held on for the full £150 but as it turned out to be just 1-0 it would have been very dangerous to do so.

Egypt 2 - 0 Mozambique (African Cup of Nations)

Seen plenty of TeeGypt to know that they are a class act, also chasing their 3rd straight tournement win. So I backed them £100 @ 1.4 and left it on there until the end of the game to get the full £40 back, to help make up for the City game.


Quite a lot of money thrown around today for not much in the way of profit. Didn't have chance to bet on any Spanish games and it looks like it did me a favour as Real were held to a draw.

No comments:

Post a Comment