Sunday 3 January 2010

Retrospective

I've updated the graph on the right - as you can see it's hit the £600 mark and to be honest, I've no idea how!

In the 70th minute of the Celtic game it was down to £450. The 2nd goal really helped as I thought that I should take that opportunity to get 'some' money back in the over 2.5 goals market. So trading out of that market for a £15 loss, conversely means that £35 is put back in to the Betfair bank. It's was weird to see my bank go up so much when I actually won so little but it was because I had so much money tied up in bets.

I started this blog with £30 on 28th November 09 - I've just had to double check that fact as it seems longer! Well, I'm well chuffed with the results so far, being just over 1 month in and £600 up.

I was asked today, by the missus, what the aim is with all this. I don't really have one at the moment, so maybe I'll have a think about it and set some goals. Although what use they are, I'm unsure. I know the Psychoff boys had a $350k challenge and there are plenty of those types of blogs around but if I start to set targets I might overstrech myself and bet the farm, losing everything. See, that's the kicker - betting the flaming farm. That's the thing that's got me everytime and I need to avoid doing it.

Here is my litany of shame:
1) £380 loss on laying horses - it won after betting farm.
2) 2 x £120 laying horses - ditto
3) £359 loss on Betfair Hi-Lo card game as a 3 came up and bet HI only for a 2 to pop up.
4) £200ish on Brazil to turn over some South American minnows
5) £500 on Man City to beat Wigan

Jeez - if I'd have laid off the 'bet farm' button I'd be £1,679 richer.

Talking about 'bet farm' - I do want to make my first 4 digit bet this year. Ok, just to say I've placed one not for any real financial gain. I need to find a 1.01 odds bet, like Chelsea 2-0 up in the 85th minute, then have the balls to place it. I know this goes against the grain of what I've put above but it would be a nice personal milestone.

Have a happy and prosperous new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment