Tuesday 26 January 2010

Forest v QPR - the perfect night!

Nights like this come very few and far between. I was pretty confident in Forests ability to turn over a shambles of a club, that is QPR. I mean no disrespect but isn't it 8 managers in 2 years?

I'd backed them at £150 @ 1.8 with a view to trade out when they go up. We got in the ground late, opting to get a balti pie than leg it our seats. By the time I'd finished the pie we were 2-0 up! A classic moment went Earnshaw was placing the freekick for his first, some drongo in the crowd shouted, "Don't bother Earnie, you can't score from the penalty spot!". As the net bulged, I made sure I turned round and gave him some shit!

At 4-0 I was still talking about the 'precarious 4-nil lead....remember Angola!'. Try as I might, the bloody iPhone wouldn't connect to the internet - thanks O2! I was thinking about ringing up the Betfair line but I wasn't sure if they'd take the bet as technically I wasn't putting a bet on but trading out of one with a lay. When the 5th went in, I thought "Ah, f**k it!" and left it on. Heh-heh how risk averse am I?

No comments:

Post a Comment