Monday 21 December 2009

Go ahead....make my day.

The sporting fixtures tonight were a casualty to the freezing weather, not just here in the UK but all across Europe. Heck, even the Darts got affected with one of the players walking 3 miles to get to Ally Pally.

So with the hotly anticipated clash of Bournemouth v Notts County postponed, I had to scratch around for something else. In the French 2nd Division it was Metz v Caen - after some careful deliberation I decided to lay Caen @ 4. At which point the market went suspended as this fixture was also postponed! Darn it - I'd checked the webcams around Metz and it was a lovely dusting of snow, so I thought it might be a under 2.5 goals opportunity as well. Typical Metz - crying off when it gets a little chilly.

OK - what else is there. Ah! Heracles v Go Ahead Eagles in the Dutch Eerste Divisie which had already started, had a goal and TWO sendings off. The Eagles were 1-0 up but still at 2.08, so stuck a £50 with a view to scalping a few ticks. Anyway, I let it slide for a while then the betfair "ding!" went off - they'd scored a 2nd and the odd's plummetted. Traded out for nice £50 profit (up yours Chelsea).

Although Betfair are still holding on to my postponed money.....


1 comment:

  1. Hey! I don't even mind the cold...oh, you meant the other Metz!

    ReplyDelete