Thursday 17 December 2009

Bate boys


Everton v BATE Borisov

Seeing as they've already qualified, Moyes decieded to put the kids out - fair enough, not the same as what McCarthy had done! I had already backed Everton to the tune of ~£40 @ 1.86 which had come in during the day. When the team was announced though, the odds drifted and I didn't like the look of the youth squad Everton were putting out.
So I traded out for a £1.17 loss and backed BATE £15 @ 3.6, just enough to take me over the magic £400 mark. Even if I lost, the Celtic result would mean I'm up for the night, so jobs a good 'un.

Anyway, BATE fielded their full strength squad which included a few internationals - obviously they didn't want to be shown up by the kids. They pretty much dominated from start to (nearly) finish and it's funny how you notice the pro-English club bias by the commentators when you have money on the opposition.

God, I do find watching Everton boring at the best of times and this match dragged like a sleigh (hey it snowed today!). BATE got the goal they'd been threatening all game in the 75th minute, so I traded out for a healthy profit. I'll have no problem sleeping after that yawnfest.

Addendum: When BATE saw that team, it must've fired them up not to get turned over. I've played cricket against teams that have sported precocious 12 year olds and women, and it made me soooo not to want to get beat. Obviously, 9 times out of 10, we do.

1 comment:

  1. Mate, you've got the Midas touch. Your boy's buggy is gonna be one pimped up ride!

    ReplyDelete